Friday, January 1, 2010

Star Of Wonder Front Door Banner


I made this front door banner for a Craftster Christ-Centered Christmas Swap I organized. My partner wanted something for her front door.
I used heavy banner vinyl, rip-stop nylon, fine ribbon in 3 sizes, outdoor vinyl paint, and insignia cloth.
The original image was a borrowed design. I improvised the usage of it. The idea for the application of the image is all my own.
This item was made as a gift, and will not be/was not sold.
This is the first draft of this piece, the one I kept. Hers had a computer generated lettering font.
The border and front field are paint, the star and background, and camel are applique work. The black lines were done with 1/8", 1/4", and 1/2" ribbon stitched on.
I used 4 grommetts with 1/4" holes. She had a metal door, so the piece was secured in her home with heavy magnetic hooks. This is shown tacked up with screws on the ends of bookcases. The camel blanket was detailed with gold paint marker.

No comments:

Post a Comment